The Bowdoin International Music Festival seeks a part-time (20 hours per week) Communications Coordinator to join one of the nation’s premier music festivals. This is an excellent opportunity to support the Director of Admissions and Operations with the execution of the Festival’s communications and development efforts, as well as other services which require analytical thinking, attention to detail, and interaction with the Festival community.
- Answer main phone line and web chat; provide general information and assistance to the Festival community
- Manage social media channel content and growth (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Manage subscriber renewals and ticket orders
- Manage program ad sales and corporate sponsorships
Support Fundraising Efforts
- Maintain donor database, including gift entry, acknowledgements, and reporting
- Assist directors with the logistics of large-scale donor communications and donor benefits program
Support Office Operations
- Manage office equipment, order supplies, and support 181 Park Row building management
- Complete other administrative duties as assigned
- College degree
- Trustworthy and ability to maintain confidential information
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofing skills
- Exceptional organization and detail skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a highly collaborative environment
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple competing tasks
- Friendly, flexible, and self-starting team player
- Proficiency in cloud database, such as Salesforce CRM or other database applications
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite, including basic data analysis and mail merge
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Background in non-profit, music, or arts is preferred, but not required.
Pay commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Please send a cover letter, resume, and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org.