Music Librarian and Orchestra Manager
The Music Librarian and Orchestra Manger is a member of the four-person Music Office team, also consisting of the Director of Admissions and Operations, Program Coordinator, and Community Concert Coordinator. The Music Office staff serve as a resource for the entire Festival and work closely with students and faculty on many aspects of Festival operations. The Music Librarian reports to the Director of Admissions and Operation and works closely with the other Music Office staff and all other year-round and seasonal staff.
- Mange Festival music library (organize physical parts/scores and track loans in Libib)
- Acquire music for orchestra concerts, faculty performances, and chamber music groups
- Manage chamber music distribution and assist at chamber music assignment meetings
- Proof all printed concert programs
- Manage all orchestra communications
- Mark measure numbers/bowing in parts per conductor’s request
- Assemble orchestra roster and coordinate contract performers
- Distribute and collect all orchestra music
- Coordinate all orchestra rehearsal logistics
Assist with all Music Office tasks
- Serve as a general resource for students and faculty
- Check-in students at Registration
- Participate in rotating schedule of student and faculty mail pick-up and processing
- Assist with luthier visits
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Background in music performance or study
- Proficient in English
- Comfort working with diverse body of students, faculty, and staff
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofing skills
- Highly collaborative and flexible team player
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Google Suite, Libib)
- A valid US driver’s license and ability to drive a twelve-passenger van
Most work will be done in the office weekdays between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM. Flexibility required during busy periods, which may entail working nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Full Time
- June 21 – August 11
- Weekly salary, campus lunch plan, and on-campus housing.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Please send a cover letter, resume, and two references to Grace Bell, Director of Admissions and Operations: firstname.lastname@example.org.