The Program Coordinator is a member of the four-person Music Office team, also consisting of the Director of Admissions and Operations, Community Concert Coordinator, and Music Librarian. The Music Office staff serve as a resource for the entire Festival and work closely with students and faculty on many aspects of Festival operations. The Program Coordinator reports to the Director of Admissions and Operations and works closely with the other Music Office staff and all other year-round and seasonal staff.
Festival Program Production
- Create, edit, and proof programs for all Festival concerts: Subscription Series, Young Artists Series, Gamper Festival of Contemporary Music, Music at the Museum, Guinea Pigs in Bow Ties.
- Manage efficient proofing process with other members of the Music Office
- Work closely with Bowdoin College print shop on program production
- Provide all program info to Production Team
- Update program info on Festival website
- Manage and track Young Artist concert applications
Music Office Responsibilities
- Create and send out weekly student newsletter to highlight upcoming events and opportunities
- Serve as a general resource for students and faculty
- Check-in students at Registration
- Assist Director of Admissions & Operations and faculty during auditions
- Participate in rotating schedule of student and faculty mail pick-up and processing
- Assist with luthier visits
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Background in music performance or study
- Proficient in English
- Comfort working with diverse body of students, faculty, and staff
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofing skills
- Highly collaborative and flexible team player
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Google Suite, MailChimp)
- A valid US driver’s license and ability to drive a twelve-passenger van
Most work will be done in the office weekdays between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM. Flexibility required during busy periods, which may entail working nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Full Time
- June 21–August 11, 2020
- Weekly salary, campus lunch plan, and on-campus housing.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Please send a cover letter, resume, and two references to Grace Bell, Director of Admissions and Operations: email@example.com.