Head Residence Life Assistant
The Head Resident Life Assistant is a member of a 13-person Residence Life team, also consisting of the Director of Residence Life, Assistant Director of Residence Life, an additional Head RA, and nine student RAs. The Head RA lives on-campus with students and are on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week from late June through early August. This position supervises students (who range in age from 13 to 21+) and student RAs. The Head RA reports to the Director of Residence Life and works closely with the entire Res Life team, Director of Admissions and Operations, and all other year-round and seasonal staff.
- Create welcoming and nurturing environment for Festival students
- Organize activities for students
- Hold weekly meetings, accompany students to meals, and provide supervision of all students
- Enforce Festival alcohol, noise, party, curfew, and emergency procedure policies
- Check students in and out at the beginning and end of each three-week session
- Drive students to activities and concerts
- Staff the Residence Life office on a rotating schedule and assist with office tasks
- Staff all subscription series concert and assist with student tickets
- Assist Music Office with welcome packets and key assignment and return process
- Ensure that all Bowdoin International Music Festival policies and rules are followed
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- 21 years +
- Experience supervising students and working on a residence life team
- Background in music performance or study
- Proficient in English
- Comfort working with diverse body of students, faculty, and staff
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Team Player
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple competing tasks
- Strong computer skills
- A valid US driver’s license and ability to drive a twelve-passenger van
- Full time
- Must be on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week for the duration of the Festival
- Must participate in weekend trips
- Must be prepared to deal with emergency situations at all times including evening and weekends.
- Will be required to conduct “spot checks” of dorms, houses, and apartment complexes.
- Arrival: June 21
- Departure: August 8
- Weekly salary, campus lunch plan, and on-campus housing.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Please send a cover letter, resume, and two references to Grace Bell, Director of Admissions and Operations: firstname.lastname@example.org.