Bowdoin International Music Festival
Preliminary COVID and Campus Policy 2022
Please note that these policies will be updated as the summer approaches.
I. Vaccination and Saftey Protocols
Vaccinations: All students, faculty, and staff are required to be fully vaccinated and boosted with an FDA or WHO authorized COVID-19 vaccine prior to coming to the Festival.
Testing Procedure: COVID testing procedures will be announced closer to the Festival. Testing may include a combination of pre-arrival, arrival, and weekly testing.
Mask Requirements: Masking protocols will be announced closer to the Festival. As of April 2022, Bowdoin College requires masks to be worn inside at specific times/locations. Only surgical, KN95, or equivalent (N95, KF-94) masks are acceptable. Students, faculty, or staff who have a medical condition that precludes the use of a mask must contact Grace Bell (firstname.lastname@example.org).
II. Residential Living
Students must comply with all health and safety guidelines and requirements outlined by Bowdoin College’s summer policy, which will be announced in late spring.
Prior to Arrival: All students should take extreme care while traveling to campus. Students may be required to provide proof of a negative COVID test within 72 hours of arrival.
Student Move-In: We anticipate testing students upon arrival. More logistical info about arrival day will be provided in the coming months.
Off-Campus Living: Students may be permitted to live off campus as long they participate in the COVID testing program and abide by all other health and safety protocols. Students must get permission from the Festival’s Director of Admissions and Operations.
On-Campus Isolation: If a student tests positive for COVID-19:
- Student must isolate for at least five full days, followed by wearing a mask through day ten—the positive test date is day zero.
- Festival Residence Life staff will work with the student to identify and notify close contacts. A close contact is defined as any individual you have been in contact with in the past forty-eight (48) hours before symptom onset and/or tested positive (in contact = within a proximity of less than six feet for more than fifteen minutes, regardless of masking and indoor/outdoor setting).
- Festival Residence Life staff will review isolation rules and help the student develop an isolation and testing plan.
- All meals will be delivered to the student.
- The student will receive online lessons.
- Students will be allowed to leave isolation only when they have been cleared by the Festival and College.
III. GUEST Concert Attendance
We hope to be able to welcome parents, family, and friends to concerts this year. Final concert protocols will be announced closer to the summer. We anticipate establishing the following procedures:
- Proof of vaccination & booster and masks will be required at all Festival concerts.
- Tickets must purchased in advance for Faculty (Subscription Series) Concerts (tickets available here in May).
- No tickets are required for Young Artists Concerts.
- All concerts will be livestreamed online at bowdoinfestival.org/festivalive/
IV. Summer 2022 Campus Community Agreement
During the COVID-19 pandemic, Festival students, faculty, and staff share in the responsibility to keep the Bowdoin and Brunswick communities safe and healthy. We must also commit to practices that promote responsible and healthy decisions in order to mitigate the spread of infection. This requires discipline and sacrifice on the part of everyone — we must make a collective effort to minimize person-to-person transmission of COVID-19.
By attending the Festival, you agree to comply with all of the Festival’s and Bowdoin College’s COVID-19 policies and protocols, including any updates to these procedures. The Festival and Bowdoin College will strictly enforce any policy violations, which may result in disciplinary action, including immediate removal from campus and the Festival. Students will not be refunded.
Thank you for your cooperation and commitment to keep our community safe.