Daily schedules at the Festival vary greatly depending on a student’s focus and interests. The Festival provides freedom for students to plan their own schedules, individual practice, and group rehearsal time.
Below is just a sample of what a weekday at the Festival might look like.
- Mornings: typically set aside for individual lessons and practice. Masterclasses and studio classes may also be scheduled during this time.
- Afternoons: chamber group coachings are scheduled for weekday afternoons. This is a good time for chamber groups to schedule rehearsals. Masterclasses, studio classes, Young Artist Series concerts, and Community Concerts may also be scheduled during this time.
- Late Afternoons: many participants take advantage of the library, music library, and athletic facilities on the Bowdoin campus. Masterclasses, studio classes, Young Artist Series concerts, Community Concerts, and residential life activities may also be scheduled during this time.
- Evenings: Young Artist concerts are held several times each week in state-of-the-art Studzinski Recital Hall, with most participants performing at least once. Faculty and Guest Ensemble concerts are Monday, Wednesday, and Friday evenings in Studzinski Recital Hall.
On weekends and occasional afternoons, the residence life and activities staff organizes non-musical activities such as outings to area beaches, state parks, movies, and shopping (L.L. Bean etc.). On campus activities include ice-cream socials, movie nights, frisbee, and soccer games. Masterclasses, Young Artist Concerts, and Community Concerts may also be scheduled on weekends.
Meals are provided by the award-winning Bowdoin College dining team and held in Thorne Dining Hall.
- Monday – Saturday: breakfast, 7:00-8:30; lunch, 11:30-1:30; dinner, 5:00-6:45.
- Sunday: brunch 10:30-12:30; dinner, 5:00-6:45.
- The dining team can accommodate most dietary restrictions. Please provide this information on your enrollment form.
There are also many local restaurants and coffee shops within walking distance of campus. And the Brunswick Farmers’ Market happens on the town green every Tuesday and Friday from 8:00 AM – 2:00 PM.