A. Duo Sonata. First AND Second movements from one of the following sonatas:
- Beethoven: Sonata for Piano & Violin No. 1, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, or 10
- Beethoven: Any Sonata for Piano & Cello
- Brahms: Any Sonata for Piano & Violin, Piano & Clarinet (Viola), or Piano & Cello
B. Orchestral Reductions. First movement from one of the following concerti:
- Sibelius: Violin Concerto
- Walton: Viola Concerto
- Dvorak: Cello Concerto
- Mozart: Any Concerto for Violin, Flute, Oboe, Clarinet, Bassoon, or Horn
Submit audition videos from both categories above. Recordings must be live performances with an instrumental partner(s). Applicants wishing to submit alternative repertoire must request permission from the collaborative piano artist instructor. Please direct your inquiries to Pei-Shan Lee, email@example.com.
A personal résumé detailing your musical background and concert activities.
A “collaborative” repertoire list, detailing all duo sonatas, concerti, and character pieces previously studied. Please organize the repertoire first by instruments (violin, viola, cello, bass, flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon, horn, and chamber music), then by composers in alphabetical order. Place an * next to pieces you have performed in public.
Letter of Recommendation
You will need to provide your recommenders email address. Please tell them to expect an email from Decision Desk requesting an electronic submission of your recommendation.
Select top applicants admitted to the Collaborative Piano program will receive full fellowships (free tuition/fees/housing) and a meal stipend. In addition, applicants not awarded the full fellowship may be admitted to the instrumental program where half fellowship and scholarship are available.
Non-refundable application fee in U.S. dollars
- $125 on or before 11:59 pm EST on January 22, 2017
- $150 after 11:59 pm EST on January 22, 2017